12 Days African Safari Vacation and Tour in Rwanda & UgandaMay 10, 2023
10 Days Uganda & Rwanda Adventure Safari – Mid-Range SafariJune 19, 2023
7 Days One Week Rwanda Tour in the Splendid Rwanda Gorilla & Chimpanzee Trip
Rwanda is known as a fantastic destination for gorilla tracking but there are also plenty of other things to do in Rwanda on the 7 Days One Week Rwanda Tour.
7 Days One Week Rwanda Tour in Splendid Rwanda
Rwanda is known as a fantastic destination for gorilla tracking but there are also plenty of other things to do in Rwanda on the 7 Days One Week Rwanda Tour. This Central African country offers so many unique things to do, breathtaking views and kind people that you’d really be missing out if you chose to fly in and out after only a day to two.
What I quickly discovered was that Rwandan culture is very welcoming. Every encounter I had was met with smiles and a big welcome. While many Rwanda tours focus on the gorillas, if this isn’t your thing, don’t worry. I specifically visited World Fusion Tours because of their focus on sharing traditional Rwandan culture in a way that brings visitors in while supporting grassroots efforts in the country.
7 Days One Week Rwanda Tour Highlights
- Day 1 Arrival Kigali
- Day 2 Transfer to Nyungwe National Park Nyungwe
- Day 3 Search monkeys, canopy walk.
- Day 4 Transfer to Gisenyi via Nyanza the royal palace, walk to the lake, and visit the village.
- Day 5 Transfer to volcanoes national park.
- Day 6 Nature walk/volcano hike / Golden monkey tracking.
- Day 7 Transfer to Kigali for your next flight.
Detailed 7 Days One Week Rwanda Tour
Day 1: Arrival Kigali
On your arrival at the airport, you will be met by our safari guide and after you will start you journey to Kigali to enjoy a city tour. You will be able to visit the genocide memorial museum, the Nyabugogo market, Gikondo, wooden souvenirs, a pottery project, the Moslem quarter in Nyamirambo and the Franco-Rwanda cultural centre. But it will depend on your time of arrival.
Accommodation: Kigali chez Lado Hotel.
Day 2 of 7 Days One Week Rwanda Tour: Transfer to Nyungwe National Park Nyungwe
Start of safari from Kigali heading to Nyungwe National Park via Butare. Where you will visit the King’s palace and the Rwanda national museum. Heading to Rwanda National Museum. After Butare then proceed to Nyungwe later do a water fall walk in the evening
Accommodation: Nyungwe Hiltop View
Day 3: Search monkeys, canopy walk.
Have breakfast, and after meet park offices for the briefing about the primates and the forest, after enter into the tropical rain forest searching for the shy chimpanzees in the tree branches. While on this walk expect to spot other primates like the white and black Columbus, Vervet monkeys, red tailed monkeys and mangabey. More birds can be spotted too in the Nyungwe National park, return to lodge for lunch and then evening take the canopy walk looking for primates, birds and the clear of the green canopy cover. .
Accommodation: Nyungwe Hiltop view
Day 4 of 7 Days One Week Rwanda Tour: Transfer to Gisenyi via Nyanza the royal palace, walk to the lake, visit village.
Accommodation: Paradise Malahide
Day 5: Transfer to volcanoes national park.
Early morning after breakfast we drive towards Volcano National park, have lunch and continue to Visit Dian Fossey’s grave.
Accommodation: Classic Lodge
Day 6 of 7 Days One Week Rwanda Tour: Nature walk / volcano hike / Golden monkey tracking.
Early in the morning after breakfast we go back to the forest if you want to hike it’s the all day or Track Golden monkey and later chill at your Hotel for evening sunset.
Accommodation: Classic Lodge.
Day 7: Transfer to Kigali for your next flight.
Early morning after breakfast, depart for Kigali reaching late in the evening.
Accommodation: No Accommodation
End of 7 Days One Week Rwanda Tour
- Park fees (For non-residents)
- Chimpanzee permits (One per person, non-resident)
- All activities (Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation (Unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (Unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals (As specified in the day-by-day section)
- International flights (From/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Personal items (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
- Some meals (As specified in the day-by-day section)